Bear Island, Florida v2.0.1
Developed by Chris Britton for FSX, P3Dv2, P3Dv3 and P3Dv4.
Bear Island v2 is a redux of our original Bear Island scenery, released back in 2013. Although this original scenery was fairly popular, it was not very detailed and used almost all default objects. Now four years down the road, and with the original Bear Island no longer reflecting our current standards, we decided that it was time for a redux..
Bear Island has been completely recreated in incredible detail, utilizing nearly all custom objects. Animated Birds and Dolphins are now the only default objects used in this detailed scenery! Bear Island v2 includes custom hi-definition textured models depicting South Florida native vegetation, trees, and more! Many vegetation textures have been color-matched to blend well with the FTX Global matched photo real. A crisp layer of 10m mesh has also been included to give the island some slopes and elevation.
SODE has been utilized in this scenery to bring many environmentally-dynamic features including rain puddles, ambient sounds, the windsock and more!
- 30cm/px photo real textures. Color-matched to FTX Global.
- 10m Terrain Mesh for uneven surfaces.
- Hand-placed custom HD vegetation that is native to Southern Florida.
- Custom HD buildings.
- All models incorporate LODs for improved performance!
- A Configurator to activate/deactivate multiple features of the scenery.
- Reworked Water Class for Crescent Lake.
- Environmentally-Dynamic features utilizing SODE!
SODE is used to control a few different environmentally-dynamic features in the scenery.
- Windsock - 4 levels of animation are provided. No wind, Low, Medium, and High. This object will display year-round.
- The Frog - This frog REALLY loves the rain. You will not be able to find him at any other time. You can find him perched on a rock near the dock during the rainy days of March-October.
- Ambient Cicadas - These guys are noisy, but leaving them out would leave out a big part of the Florida ambient sounds. They can be heard during the day from May through July. Want them to shut up? Pray for rain.
- Ambient Crickets and Tree Frogs - These can be heard at Dusk and Night, year-round. Rain will silence them.
- Ambient Birds - Songbirds can be heard at Dawn and during the Day, year-round. Rain will silence them.
- Rain Puddles - Puddles will only appear when it rains.
Bear Island – Change Log
- Now includes P3Dv4 native models.
- Cicadas can now be heard from May-July.
- Added a config option to disable the static Super Cub instead of the Row Boat.
- Added an additional LOD to the Super Cub model.
- Initial Release
Site ads help us to slightly ease the hosting costs of our freeware files.