Emerald Object Library v2.0 – Build: 120517 Released!
Emerald Object Library v2.0 – Build: 120517 contains bug fixes and improvements that will affect many of our sceneries across all supported platforms. This release is in anticipation of Bear Island v2.1. Please note that this scenery may not display as intended until the official update is released.
What’s new in Build: 120517?
- Added Tetrahedron.
- Added Tree Stump and Fallen Tree Trunk models.
- Added dense Wild Flower vegetation model.
- Added Normal and Specular textures to Windsock models.
- Added lapping water ambient sound.
- Added LODs to Seasonal Grass models.
- Corrected an issue with the Row Boat Normal texture.
- Corrected a texture optimization issue for Fuel Silos.
- Reworked Water Reeds to increase density and improve performance.
- Reworked Weeds & Tall Grass to increase density.
- Tweaked puddle reflection settings.
- Aliased SODE model textures to EOLv2 texture folder.
- EOLv2 will now be removed from the Scenery Library when uninstalling. (P3Dv3 and v4 only!)
- Locked installation path. (See below)
Why the Locked Install Path?
Since Emerald Object Library doesn’t just contain models, but also sounds and effects, which need to be placed in the correct locations, it was decided to lock the installation path from being changed. We do understand that P3D has the add-on.xml method that can easily handle the issue of installing sceneries in different locations, however due to installer limitations, we are unable to lock just the FSX installation path as it is locked across all sim versions.
In the future, we will look for a solution to this, but we are currently being held back by old technology. If we can find new installer software that is user friendly and can do everything we need it to do, we will go that route instead of officially depreciating older sims such as FSX.