Bowman's Beach Helistop v1.0.2
Developed by Chris Britton for MSFS
Bowman's Beach Helistop is a helipad located on Sanibel Island, near Fort Myers, Florida. The helipad is a utility pad, operated by the Lee County Mosquito Control District. The helipad was also featured in the movie Day of the Dead (1985).
Bowman's Beach Helistop has been created from the ground up using default MSFS objects and materials, as well as some custom objects and vegetation, which have been added to the scenery with the integration of Emerald Object Library. Trees around the heliport property have been redone for greater accuracy.
The heliport is registered in the sim as 4FD9. However, as of v1.0.1, it will show as an airport icon, not a helipad. This is because a runway had to be added to allow you to spawn on location. As soon as ASOBO offers better support for heliports, this will be reverted to show as a heliport in the sim.
Built from the ground-up!
Uses custom objects and vegetation from Emerald Object Library.
Overhauled tree placement in the vicinity of the helipad,
Bowman’s Beach Helistop – Change Log
- Excluded TIN around the heliport for better compatibility with photogrammetry.
- Fixed elevation artifact on the helipad when using photogrammetry.
4/29/2021 | v1.0.1
- Added water to pond on Southern approach end.
- Added runway starts to allow for spawning directly on the pad (Both starts spawn at the same location, but in opposing directions).
- Adjusted helipad grunge layer priority to overlap painted square.
- Removed “Dock” parking spot, as it didn’t work and is no longer needed.
4/23/2021 | v1.0.0
- Initial Release