Davidson Strip, Alaska v1.1.2
Developed by Chris Britton for MSFS
Davidson Strip is located on the southernmost end of Amber Lake. The airstrip has been completely rebuilt from the ground up, and starting in v1.1.0, has been integrated with Emerald Object Library, adding custom objects and vegetation to the scenery! A number of the missing lakes and ponds surrounding Amber Lake now have a water surface defined and have been flattened to allow for float plane operations. Several docks have also been placed around Amber and a few other lakes and ponds, as well as some water overlay issues fixed in the vicinity of the airport. Tree placement has also been redone at and around the airstrip for greater accuracy.
Rebuilt from the ground-up!
30cm/px, AI-enhanced aerial imagery covering the airstrip & color-matched to the surrounding terrain.
Custom objects and vegetation from Emerald Object Library.
Custom gravel textures to realistically depict the runway, parking and other areas of detail.
Overhauled tree placement in the vicinity of the airstrip.
Adds water to and flattens dozens of lakes in the area.
Davidson – Change Log
- Added windsock (Windy Things library).
- Adjusted dock elevation.
- Aerial imagery now blends better with default water.
- Fixed floating hangar.
- Fixed terraforming for landable lakes.
- Improved gravel placement at RW 02 end.
- Improved water placement around airstrip.
- Removed some useless terrain polygons.
- Removed some default vegetation along the shoreline of Amber Lake.
6/10/2021 | v1.1.1
- Removed custom materials from package. (Make sure you have the latest version of Emerald Object Library!)
2/24/2021 | v1.1.0
- Added 30cm/px, AI-enhanced aerial imagery covering the airstrip. Color-matched to the surrounding terrain.
- Added a custom hangar with 4K textures.
- Added custom gravel textures to realistically depict the runway, parking and other areas of detail.
- Added dock parking spawn for water ops.
- Changes to runway positioning.
- Integrated Emerald Object Library, adding custom objects and vegetation around the airport.
- Minor improvements to autogen placement to conform to Object Libraries integration.
- Removed some default models that no longer aligned to the new airstrip design.
- Reverted detected buildings back to houses instead of airport buildings (What they should be).
12/27/2020 | v1.0.2
- Added water to a half dozen or so lakes and ponds North of Amber Lake.
- Fixed a terrain anomaly on a pond near Amber Lake.
- Fixed tire rut positioning on the runway.
- Improved tree placement for a couple of large and smaller fields near Amber Lake.
- Improved water mapping for two ponds near Amber Lake.
11/26/2020 | v1.0.1
- Added water to a few dozen more lakes and ponds in the area.
- Changed file directory to conform to SDK standards. (Uninstall old versions!)
- Fixed an issue where the runway ends were higher than the surrounding terrain.
- Fixed a few areas on Amber Lake where water was overlapping the shoreline.
- Improved tree placement in a few areas on Amber and Whistling Lake.
9/23/2020 | v1.0.0
- Initial Release