Rangeview Airstrip, Alaska v1.0.3
Developed by Chris Britton for MSFS
Rangeview airstrip has been rebuilt from the ground up. The scenery features custom gravel textures, overhauled tree placement and roads in the vicinity of the airstrip. Several nearby lakes have also been overhauled, adding water to and flattening their surface. A nearby unlisted airstrip has also been included in this package!
This rendition of Rangeview is part of my series of lite releases for MSFS 2020. These releases aren't extremely feature rich, but are meant to be an improvement over what the simulator currently offers, usually created to fix problematic airport issues or design.
Custom gravel textures.
Overhauled tree placement in the vicinity of the airstrip.
Reworked road placement around the airstrip.
Adds water to and flattens several lakes in the area.
Adds a handful of clutter models (default) around the area.
Includes the challenging, unlisted airstrip on Scotty Lake.
Rangeview – Change Log
- Added a few more nearby ponds.
- Added more vegetation around both runways.
- Added windsocks (Windy Things library).
- Fixed terraforming for landable lakes.
- Reworked a large section of trees and fields on approach to RW 14.
6/10/2021 | v1.0.2
- Removed custom materials from package. (Make sure you have the latest version of Emerald Object Library!)
1/20/2021 | v1.0.1
- Added a GA parking spot.
- Added more clutter models around the airport.
- Added water to some more lakes and ponds in the area.
- Fixed a few lake elevation issues caused by terraforming added prior to the USA update.
- Fixed an issue where one end of the runway was higher than the surrounding terrain.
- Fixed an issue where the airport was lower than the surrounding terrain, after the USA update.
- Improved tree placement in a few areas, including along the private airstrip.
- Improved water placement for the small lake near the private airstrip.
- Removed a now useless terraforming poly near the private airstrip.
- Removed the tall trees on the approach (lake) end of the private airstrip.
- Initial Release