Bear Island, Florida v2.0 – Now Available for FSX and P3D!
Bear Island v2 is a redux of our original Bear Island scenery, released back in 2013. Although this original scenery was fairly popular, it was not very detailed and used almost all default objects. Now four years down the road, and with the original Bear Island no longer reflecting our current standards, we decided that it was time for a redux..
Bear Island has been completely recreated in incredible detail, utilizing nearly all custom objects. Animated Birds and Dolphins are now the only default objects used in this detailed scenery! Bear Island v2 includes custom hi-definition textured models depicting South Florida native vegetation, trees, and more! Many vegetation textures have been color-matched to blend well with the FTX Global matched photo real. A crisp layer of 10m mesh has also been included to give the island some slopes and elevation.
SODE has been utilized in this scenery to bring many environmentally-dynamic features including rain puddles, ambient sounds, windsocks and more!
- 30cm/px photo real textures. Color-matched to FTX Global.
- 10m Terrain Mesh for uneven surfaces.
- Hand-placed custom HD vegetation that is native to Southern Florida.
- Custom HD buildings.
- All models incorporate LODs for improved performance!
- A Configurator to activate/deactivate multiple features of the scenery.
- Reworked Water Class for Crescent Lake.
- Environmentally-Dynamic features utilizing SODE!
**For best results, please ensure TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048 Changing this line in your fsx/p3d.cfg will allow for HD textures.**
Bear Island v2.0 and SODE
SODE is used to control a few different environmentally-dynamic features in the scenery.
- Windsocks – 4 levels of animation are provided. No wind, Low, Medium, and High. This object will display year-round.
- The Frog – This frog REALLY loves the rain. You will not be able to find him at any other time. You can find him perched on a rock near the dock during the rainy days of March-October.
- Ambient Cicadas – These guys are noisy, but leaving them out would leave out a big part of the Florida ambient sounds. They can be heard during the day in May and June. Want them to shut up? Pray for rain.
- Ambient Crickets and Tree Frogs – These can be heard at Dusk and Night, year-round. Rain will silence them.
- Ambient Birds – Songbirds can be heard at Dawn and during the Day, year-round. Rain will silence them.
- Rain Puddles – Puddles will only appear when it rains.
FSX Steam Edition Users:
FSX:SE Users! If you experience issues with models not appearing until you get right up on them, make sure you have SmallPartRejectRadius=0 set under [SCENERY] in the fsx.cfg. This only applies to FSX:SE! – Thanks Andreas (addman) for the tip-off!
Enjoy and be sure to tell us what you think below!